Conference Agenda & Special Sessions
The Alaska Farm Bureau is taking our Annual Meeting events to a new level!
Join the Alaska Farm Bureau in partnership with Western SARE at the first ever agriculture focused Alaska Farm Convention and Trade Show at the Egan Center.
Lots of educational opportunities for seasoned farmers, new farmers, youth and those interested in farming – plus fun events on the Trade Show stage!
- Keynote by Zippy Duvall, President of the American Farm Bureau Federation
- Farm Financing: learn about different loan options and insurance plans for farmers
- Policy and Advocacy discussions from “Tackling Tough Subjects” with Elise Cruce of American Farm Bureau Federation, to understanding the Legislative process and resources to be engaged.
- Round table discussions: meet with peers in your industry to talk about what works, what hasn’t, what are the big hurdles and how to improve
- Leadership training: whether you’re currently on a board or interested in getting more involved,
- Interested in starting a peony farm? Come hear from Dan & Denise Carey of Funny River Peonies on what it takes and things to consider.
- There will also be opportunities to hear about peony research projects: post-harvest treatment of peonies and botrytis study.
Farm Bureau Special Member Events Registrations
ALASKA FARM BUREAU BUSINESS MEETING Friday, November 12, 2021: 3:30 – 5:30 PM
AKFB members take care of our annual business; review finances, set priorities for the coming year, and other business that is brought up by members.
AWARDS BANQUET & BRUCE WILLARD SCHOLARSHIP AUCTION (NEED NOT BE A MEMBER TO ATTEND) – $50.00
Friday, November 12, 2021, Night banquet 6:30 PM-9:00PM
CONVENTION DAY 1 – $50.00
Friday, November 12, 2021: 9:00am – 4:00pm Opening ceremonies starting at 9:00am with Keynote speakers and breakout sessions during the day.
CONVENTION DAY 2 – $50.00
Saturday, November 13, 2021: 10:00am to 4:00pm
second day filled with keynotes, breakout session and networking!
FULL PACKAGE DEAL – $90.00
Convention Days 1 & 2, plus admission to all three days of the Trade Show!
Plus, access to a discount for FarmStock – our live concert with Terri Clark & The Ken Peltier Band!
Sunday Workshop Registration
Please note: Workshops with low registration will be canceled. Maximum space per workshop is 30 people. 5 minimum required for workshop to run.
WORKSHOP: At Home Cheesemaking – $20.00 Sunday, November 14 – 10:00am.
Workshop to share the ins & outs of making cheese on a small scale for you and your family.
WORKSHOP: Carcass Breakdown – $20.00 Sunday November 14 – 12:30pm.
Interested in processing your meat at home? Learn the process of breaking down a carcass and various cuts of meat to get.
WORKSHOP: Export Readiness Training with WUSATA – $20.00 Sunday November 14 – 3:00pm.
Take a deep dive with WUSATA on preparing for export or selling to businesses that export.
WORKSHOP: Taking Quality Photos for your Marketing – $20.00 Sunday November 14, 10:00am
Not a professional photographer? Want better quality pictures to market your products? Learn some tricks on on how to bump up your picture quality!
WORKSHOP: Tips, Tricks, and Equipment for Preserving your Harvest Safely – $20.00 Sunday November 14 – 3:00pm
Learn about equipment and processes can and preserve fresh foods for you to enjoy all year.
WORKSHOP: Writing a Business Plan that Works for You – $20.00 Sunday November 14, 12:00pm
Business plans are an important part of planning for success in any business – including farming! Get insight into putting together a quality business plan.
WORKSHOP: Produce Safety Alliance Grower Training – FREE Sunday, November 14, 8:00am-5:30pm
This FDA-approved course satisfies curriculum requirements under the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Produce Safety Rule. It’s also a good introduction to food safety for ALL producer growers.
8×10 booth space for 3 days of trade show. Includes 2 passes each day for vendors. Alaska Farm Bureau members receive $50 discount on booth space.
Agency/Non-profit Vendor Booth – $400.00
Business Vendor Booth – $500.00
© 2021 Alaska Farm Bureau, Inc. | All Rights Reserved