2021 Annual Convention
Alaska Farmers: Building a Strong Future
November 12-14, 2021
Egan Center, Anchorage, Alaska
About the convention
Our annual convention is a chance for our members to get together, network, learn about the latest programs available for farmers, and learn how to advocate and decide the issues facing Alaskan Farmers. If you are a current farmer or looking to get into farming, this three day event is the perfect chance to learn about farming in Alaska.
Join the Alaska Farm Bureau in partnership with Western SARE at the first ever agriculture focused Alaska Farm Convention and Trade Show at the Egan Center.
This November at the Egan Center in downtown Anchorage, we are hoping to attract as many Alaskans interested in learning about farming and agriculture in Alaska. If you know folks, even if they aren’t members, who would be interested in learning about Alaska agriculture, then this convention is a good starting place for them.
Lots of educational opportunities for seasoned farmers, new farmers, youth and those interested in farming – plus fun events on the Trade Show stage!
- Keynote by Zippy Duvall, President of the American Farm Bureau Federation
- Farm Financing: learn about different loan options and insurance plans for farmers
- Policy and Advocacy discussions from “Tackling Tough Subjects” with Elise Cruce of American Farm Bureau Federation, to understanding the Legislative process and resources to be engaged.
- Round table discussions: meet with peers in your industry to talk about what works, what hasn’t, what are the big hurdles and how to improve
- Leadership training: whether you’re currently on a board or interested in getting more involved,
- Interested in starting a peony farm? Come hear from Dan & Denise Carey of Funny River Peonies on what it takes and things to consider.
- There will also be opportunities to hear about peony research projects: post-harvest treatment of peonies and botrytis study.
More in-depth workshops will be offered on Sunday.
- At home cheesemaking
- Tips, tricks, and equipment for canning and preserving your harvest
- Carcass breakdown
- Effective social media marketing
- Business plan writing
- Taking quality photos for your marketing
- Produce Safety Alliance Grower Training (FREE)
How is this year different?
This will be Alaska’s first ever agriculture focused convention and trade show. This year’s convention will focus on:
- Three days of educational opportunities at the convention with breakout sessions and workshops – learning and improving your farming skills.
- Three days of trade show – visit with agencies and businesses that support the agriculture industry.
Thank you to our organizers and partners
This convention is brought to you by Alaska Farm Bureau & Western SARE in collaboration with
- Alaska Farmland Trust
- Alaska Farmers Market Association
- Alaska Food Policy Council
- Alaska FFA Association
- Alaska 4-H
Thank You 2021 Sponsors
Where to Stay
The Captain Cook Hotel: reserve by calling (907) 276-6000 or (800) 843-1950 and reference Alaska Farm Bureau
Marriott Anchorage Downtown.